A fragrant cumin and black pepper curry base.
- 8 large onions diced
- 320ml cooking oil
- 8 kg meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable
- 1 x 2 litre jar Goan Green Curry
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 4 cups fresh chopped coriander
- 10 green chilies de-seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fry onions in oil until brown
- Add meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable until sealed
- Fold through 1 jar Goan Green Curry
- Add water to just cover – simmer until tender
- Add salt to taste, coconut milk and green chilli – coriander garnish
- Simmer for five minutes
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy with boiled red or white basmati rice.
Get in Touch
Serve with Goan Cuisine Mango Chutney
- Meat: Chuck steak, brisket, lamb forequarter chops, half and half pork belly and shoulder, half and half pork soft bone and pork shoulder, boneless rolled leg of lamb.
- Poultry: Chicken thigh bone in skin off, chicken thigh boneless skinless, whole chicken cut into pieces, duck Maryland pieces.
- Seafood: Prawns, mackerel/salmon cutlets, snapper/barramundi/whiting fillets, squid, crabs, mussels/pipis.
- Vegetable: Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, corn wedges, cauliflower, green beans, peas, potato, turnips and sweet potato.
- Lentils: Green, Red, Yellow, Split peas.
- Legumes: Chic Peas, Black-eyed beans, kidney beans, butter beans.