- Fry onions in oil until brown
- Add meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable until sealed
- Fold through 1 jar Goan Green Curry
- Add water to just cover and simmer until tender
- Add salt to taste, coconut milk and green chilli
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy with boiled basmati rice
Goan Green Chicken Pilaf
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
Strain the Goan Green chicken curry and set aside gravy and solids separately.
Fry one diced onion in heavy based pot.
Add 3 cups washed basmati rice and solids from curry and stir.
Add measured gravy and boiling water to make total liquid up to 6 cups and 3 generous pinches salt and stir.
Bring up to heat. When bubbles surface cover with foil and tight fitting lid and place in oven.
Set timer for 30 minutes. Do not open oven for the duration.
Check rice after 30 minutes by placing fork through and checking grains are cooked through.
Place lid back and leave covered for at least 15 minutes on bench top before serving.