- Fry onions in oil until brown
- Add meat/poultry/seafood/vegetable until sealed
- Fold through 1 jar Goan Yellow Curry
- Add water to just cover – simmer until tender
- Add salt to taste,coconut milk and green chilli
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy with boiled basmati rice
Goan Yellow Chicken Pilaf
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
Strain the Goan Yellow Chicken Curry and set aside gravy and solids separately.
Fry one diced onion in heavy based pot.
Add 3 cups washed basmati rice and solids from curry and stir.
Add measured gravy and boiling water to make total liquid up to 6 cups and 3 generous pinches salt and stir.
Bring up to heat. When bubbles surface cover with foil and tight fitting lid and place in oven.
Set timer for 30 minutes. Do not open oven for the duration.
Check rice after 30 mins by placing fork through and checking grains are cooked through. Be careful to avoid steam burns.
Place lid back on and leave covered for at least 15 minutes on bench top.