- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cubed potatoes
- 1 kg pork belly skin removed diced
- 1 jar Goan Cuisine Vindalho Masala
- 1 cup Fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 Green Chili de-seeded
- Heat oil in saucepan, add onions and fry until brown
- Add pork and fry until sealed off and brown, stirring occasionally
- Add 1 jar Goan Cuisine Vindalho Masala and coriander
- Stir well and fry on medium heat for a minute
- Add potatoes and water to cover and simmer on low heat with lid on, until tender
- Add salt to taste and green chillies and simmer further for 5 minutes
- If more gravy is required add hot water.
Serve with boiled basmati rice or chapatis and Goan Cuisine Spicy Mango Chutney.
- Also excellent for Pork shoulder, soft bone and trotters.
Add your choice of:
- par-cooked vegetables 1-2 cups towards end cooking : carrot, corn, sweet potato, pumpkin, turnip.
- raw vegetables 1-2 cups towards end of cooking: eggplant, zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, peas
- cooked drained legumes 1 cup towards end of cooking: chic peas, black eyed beans, lima beans, white beans, kidney beans
- cooked drained lentils 1 cup towards end of cooking: yellow, red, green or split peas
- 1 cup diced firm Tofu at end of cooking or Tempeh halfway through cooking.